Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pre-cradle; Post Grave

I often try to use my blog for lighthearted stories and veer away from heavier topics. However, I feel compelled to write about the sadness that has overtaken my heart - especially in the wake of the horrific late-term abortion practices becoming law in many of our states nationwide.


When I was a kid, my dad and I had heated debates about our country's direction. At the time, he was a staunch conservative, and I was a typical teenage liberal defending none other than Jimmy Carter. Of course, I argued for the "poor" little guy being trampled by the "evil" corporations...rich bastards....polluters...you fill in the blank.

Back then, I wholeheartedly embraced what was being force-fed to me in school and only had my dad counter my liberal ideations. I fought him tooth and nail, and, as any rebel with a noble cause would do, I declared victory every time.


Things have certainly changed since those 70's something days of squabbling. I wish my dad could see me now! I am a registered Republican and have even attended a Trump rally, but that is not why I am writing this story. I am writing this story because I am, first and foremost, an American.

As an American, I am saddened to see the "fundamental transformation" of my great country. I often hear the phrase "cradle-to-grave society" being bantered about by folks who decry the recent events plaguing our nation. I want to take it further; our country can now be described as a pre-cradle to post-grave society. 


Think about this for a moment: In 1973, Roe vs. Wade made it perfectly legal to end a human life before that human even had a chance at life, liberty, or the pursuit of happiness. Now, abortion is performed for many reasons, including choosing the sex of the pre-born baby. Our government even subsidizes such atrocities with funding to Planned Parenthood. 


Our government also wants to tax us upon our demise with a "death tax." Hence, we live in a pre-cradle to post-grave society. We kill our unborn and tax the dead. We even have a way of resurrecting our dead citizens at the voting booth - another post-grave "benefit." Haven't we come a long way? 


So, where am I going with this? I cannot conjure up an argument that hasn't already been opined by someone somewhere; I'm just sad because I think about my grandchildren and wonder about the country they will inherit. I never thought I would see the day our great nation would roll over and play dead when school prayer was labeled "unconstitutional" and killing babies was labeled "constitutional." 


We live in a violent world. Our nation was always the beacon of hope for those seeking to escape the violence and oppression of their own countries. Now, we have a burgeoning problem with violence and evil. America has lost its moral compass. We have allowed the few to rule the masses. 


Madeline Murray O'Hare fought to get prayer out of school even though most Americans wanted prayer to remain in school. Margaret Sanger, the founder of Planned Parenthood, referred to blacks as "human weeds" and "reckless breeders" and espoused racial purification. She was diabolical in her pursuit of eradicating "bad stocks" (poor, minorities, physically and mentally challenged). Today, she is hailed as a great women's rights advocate. Americans would be horrified if they genuinely understood Margaret Sanger's extreme views and motives. 


So, how did it happen? How did a great nation that believes in God, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness for all individuals become a nation enslaved by the radical few? I'll tell you how - divide and conquer. Margaret Sanger knew this. She knew she could never convince our great nation to engage in eugenics, so she split us into two groups; men and women. Then, Sanger appealed to the women and made birth control an issue of "rights." She convinced women (predominantly minority women) that it was their "right" to end their child's life. Absurd!


Enemies of America fully understand that dividing society into groups and subgroups (race, religion, political views, sexual orientation, age, gender, wealth, the list is endless) will eventually lead the members of that society to turn against one another. Hence, the nation will collapse. That is what is happening to our country. We are fracturing into a million pieces. No one can put us back together again if we don't wake up and stand up for what America has always been - a melting pot where individuals strive to become citizens of a great free nation founded on Judeo-Christian beliefs. 


The Constitution of the United States, a four-page document, starts with the phrase, "We the People" - not "We the fractured." The Constitution aimed to form a more perfect Union with the people ruling through their representatives. 


Our founders wanted to establish justice, ensure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty for the people of our nation. They even expressed gratitude to God. A proclamation by President George Washington and a congressional resolution established the first national Thanksgiving Day on November 26, 1789. The holiday was to give "thanks" for the new Constitution. 

When Benjamin Franklin was leaving the constitutional convention, he was asked by a woman what the outcome of our Constitution would be. Benjamin Franklin replied: "A republic, madam. If you can keep it." 


Can we?

No comments:

Post a Comment